If I don’t own a car, do I still need to file an SR-22?

If you do not own a vehicle but still drive a borrowed or rented car, or if your license has been suspended, you may still need to have an SR-22 certificate and obtain SR-22 auto insurance. In the event of an accident, regardless of whether you own a car, you might still be held responsible for any resulting personal injury or property damage claims. To address this situation, you may have the option to purchase a non-owner SR-22 insurance policy, which could be necessary to reinstate your driving privileges in cases where your license was suspended.